Steam iron is an appliance that is small and handy in size. You can use it to quickly iron your clothes at home. The steam that oozes out of the Steam Iron wipes off even the toughest creases and gives you perfect wrinkle-free garments.
The purpose of the steam iron is to produce steam continuously and simultaneously pressing it against the fabric surface. Steam is the key to ironing. Steam helps in getting rid of wrinkles really quickly. Steam permeates the clothing fibers and loosens them. The heat from the Iron then smoothens the fabric and removes the creases effortlessly.
Steam irons have holes on their soleplate from which the steam can ooze out of the Iron. The greater the number of holes, the easier your ironing task becomes. Therefore, the whole procedure provides you wrinkle-free clothes. And the effect is said to last long, hence reducing the hassle of ironing time and again.
It is a straightforward appliance, yet choosing the best Steam Iron from the wide range of models available in the market could be a daunting task. You get Steam Irons from multiple brands, such as Philips, Agaro, Bajaj, Havells, Prestige, Inalsa, etc.
We have prepared the list of the Best Steam Irons available in India for your quick reference. The detailed Steam Iron Buying Guide below will help you find the best model that would be the right fit for your needs.
So, lets start with the Top 10 Steam Irons.
Top 10 Best Steam Irons
The team at BestPriceBuys evaluates thousands of products, consumer buying patterns on online stores and analyzes numerous customer reviews. It will help you get insights about the Best Steam Irons in India, allows you to get the benefit of great offers when buying Steam Irons for your needs.
List of Top 10 Best Steam Irons in India
- 2200 Watts, 270 ml Water Tank
- 2 Years Manufacturer's Warranty
- In-Built Thermostat to avoid over heating & fabric damage
- Non Stick Plate for smooth gliding over clothes
- Spray, Steam and Dry Function
- Continuous steam
- Swivel Power Cord , Easy Grip Handle
- Multi Fabric Temperature Control
- Anti-drip feature to avoid any water dripping from the soleplate in case the steam level is not reached
- Ceramic coated sole plate - even heat distribution and best for all types of clothes
- 35g/min continuous steam output and 9g/min steam boost. Weight: 1.4 kg
- Visible water droplets in the water tank means the iron was tested in factory and passed the quality test
- 38ml water storage tank; Cord length: 1.8 m
- Vertical steam : Ideal for all fabrics and saves time
- Steam burst function and spray function, Automatic shut-off: No
- Anti-clock function to prevent scale build-up
- Self clean feature to clean the scales built up. Includes: Steam Iron with Instruction Manual
- Warranty: 2 years on product. Power: 22 watts. Operating Voltage: 22 - 24 volts.
- Cut Your Ironing Time in Half -Easy gliding across various garments, smoothing hard-to-reach areas and 2200W of Power with Rapid Even Heat Technology. It helps you get rid of stubborn creases by allowing 22g/min steam to penetrate into the fabric.
- Use Tap Water - Use tap water directly into large 350 ml water tank
- Anti-Calc to prevent mineral build up and a self-cleaning system helps to remove calcium deposits to maintain the iron’s high performance, increases product life.
- True Position Axial Aligned Steam Holes– The placement, alignment and size of our steam holes gives you the maximum amount of steam required while maintaining even heat distribution throughout the sole plate.
- All Kinds of Fabrics and Vertical Steaming: Flair allows you to control the steam according to the fabric types, including linen, cotton, wool, silk, nylon. The 360° flexible long power cord makes it easy to move up and down at any angles.
- Spanish Engineered To Last - Our Flair Steam Iron is designed to outlast the competition and is made with 40% stronger materials and quality parts made to stand the test of time.
- 2 years hassle free warranty and customer service.
- To Prevent Water Leakage, keep the iron horizontal when not in use, do not fill water completely, leave some gap and wait for some time for the iron to heat up before using the iron.
- Extra large water tank of 350ml. Spray : Yes. Variable steam control
- 11gm of continuous steam
- Powerful steam Shots - 150gm/min
- Vertical ironing, self cleaning with anti-calc function
- Premium ceramic coated soleplate for life long and smooth ironing
- Extra large soleplate in its class for faster ironing. Extra long 360 degree swivel cord for easy movement. Fine water spray to remove difficult creases. Operating Voltage: 230 volts. Power: 2000 watts
- 46 steam holes for uniform steam release
- ISI approved safety standards
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Quick and efficient ironing made easy: Discover hassle-free ironing with quick and efficient results, with dependable performance and enhanced features designed for optimum ease-of-use
- Peak efficiency for quick ironing sessions: Continuous steam output of 35 g/min for efficient ironing sessions, with a 120 g steam boost
- Extra-large ceramic soleplate: An easy-gliding non-stick soleplate with ceramic technology puts effortless ironing within reach, with an extra-large format for quicker results
- Ergonomic steam trigger: Ironing has never been easier, with a highly intuitive ergonomic steam trigger always within reach
- Iron maximum clothes in single stretch, thanks to XL 270 ml water tank
- Anti-calc feature for enhanced and long lasting performance
- 50% more holes for maximum steam distribution vs conventional steam Irons, hence impactful ironing results
- Warranty: 2 Year Warranty
- Power: 2200 watts
- Includes: 1 Unit Steam Iron, Warranty Card
- Please wait for some time for the iron to heat up. Only then you can use the steam function effectively. If the iron is not heated enough and steam function is used, it will lead to water leakage
- Linished soleplate
- Continuous steam of 15 gram/min
- Thin soleplate for better heating
- Vent design for uniform steam
- Calc clean to prevent your iron from scale build up
- Steam Burst Mode, Cordless,Power base
- Non Stick Coated Sole Plate, Water Spray
- Adjustable Thermostat Control, Power : 1200 watts
- Shock proof Plastic handle, ISI certified Safety.
- Warranty : 2 Years
Steam Iron Buying Guide
The Steam Iron is the home appliance that can enhance your look by immaculately removing crease and wrinkles from your clothes and improve your overall getup and personality. Yet, with so many models available in the market and often multiple models from the same brand, consumers like you could feel confused while selecting the best Steam Iron.
Well, not anymore. We present the most important and crucial points you should keep in mind when buying a Steam Iron.
Tips for selecting the Best Steam Iron
Steam iron offers you a lot when it comes to convenience while pressing your clothes. Follow these crucial tips when shopping for the best steam iron for yourself. It can help you pick a suitable model from the sea of models available in the market nowadays.
- Look for the model that offers a button for a Steam shot or Steam burst. It allows you to apply extra level of steam for ironing even the thick fabric effortlessly by a simple press of a button.
- The model that offers anti-scale features would be excellent for you. As these models resist the white scaling deposited on the pores, even if it gets deposited, the cleaning mechanism is in-built in such models.
- The anti-drip features prevent water from leaking from the water tank. While it is a great safety feature, it can also help avoid wetting of garments due to excess water coming out from the iron while ironing.
- Another safety factor to look for is the Auto shut-off feature. The appliance with this feature turns itself off if left motionless for a particular period. It can be a lifesaver feature as it can prevent your garments from burning or accidentally causing a fire.
- Look for irons that have variable heat settings. While most Irons offer adjustable heat settings look for the type of heat setting provided. Whether they provide high, medium, low, or have heat settings suitable from different fabrics. It would be easier for you to use it on a wide range of garments effectively and efficiently without damaging the material if the model has fabric-specific heat settings.
Types of Steam Irons Available
They come into various types like handheld steam iron, conventional steam iron, and cordless steam iron.
Conventional Steam Irons
These are the most common steam irons available in the market. It releases a small amount of steam from the Iron’s sole plate to press and remove creases from your garments. It comes in a large variety and in different wattage of power. You can use tap water in these irons. Many new companies offer great features that were earlier available in the more expensive models at a lower price.
Cordless Steam Irons
The Cordless Steam Irons comes with a detachable base dock connected to the power source and charges the central ironing unit to heat up and produce steam. You can then remove the main unit and iron the clothes without the need for a cord.
In terms of other features, it is similar to the conventional Steam Iron. Though a bit more pricy. Your personal choice to go for this type of Steam Iron if you need that little comfort of using the iron without a cord. Ideally, we would recommend that you choose the conventional steam iron to offer you more features at a lesser or similar price band.
Handheld Steam Irons
One of the latest types of Steam Irons is Handheld Steam Iron which is gaining popularity nowadays. Handheld steam irons are very useful for cleaning curtains, drapes, furniture, upholstery, and garments hanging on a hanger. They are time-efficient, handheld, easy to use, and also do not ruin your body posture. We will share a separate list of Best Handheld Steam Irons soon.
Features to look for in Steam Irons
We have tried to provide details of various features and functions of Steam Irons below. These factors and tips will help you choose the best Steam Iron for your needs.
Steam Blast Button and Number of Steam Vents
The steam blast button allows you to release the steam while ironing. When you press a button, the machine shoots a blast of steam through its soleplate. This feature helps you in removing the most tedious wrinkles from your garment.
Steam vents are an essential feature to consider while buying steam iron. Many steam irons are available in the market with different vents and different diameters of vents. More number of vents allows the steam iron to function with better efficiency.
Removable or Non-removable Water Tank
You can get various types of water tank options while shopping for a steam iron. Some models offer removable water tank facility while many steam irons come with non-removable water tank.
You need to fill the water directly in the Steam Iron unit from the inlet provided in the non-removable water tank models. If the water spills while filling and enter the body, there is a chance of a short circuit.
In removable water tank models, you can remove the water tank to fill the water. This reduces the risk of spillage, and the chances of a short circuit are relatively lower.
Spray Mist Jet
Many models of Steam Irons offer Spray mist jet features. It helps you to spray water jet on stubborn creases for better results while ironing.
This is one of the most critical features of the steam iron. If the iron sticks to the fabric while ironing, it will tear the material or burn it. Look for models that provide a non-stick coating on the soleplate to prevent garments from sticking to it.
Anti-Calc and Limescale Filter
As you would generally use the tap water in Steam Irons, there are chances of salt deposits forming on the steam vents. These deposits are due to the calcium, magnesium salts, and other mineral impurities found in regular tap water. This limescale build-up can adversely affect steam production in your iron.
Choose a model that has an in-built limescale filter so that you can easily clean the steam iron and remove the scaling.
Weight of Steam Iron
The lighter the steam iron, the better. The weight directly impacts the ease of use and ability of you to carry the appliance with you while traveling. Keep this factor in mind to select the best model from your shortlist.
It is a critical safety feature that you should not overlook. Although you do take necessary precautions while ironing, this feature can help prevent any accidental damage to your clothes and your home. Some models turn themselves off if left in a stationary position for a specified period. It also helps save your electricity bill.
Length of Cord
The length of cord that comes with your Steam Iron can be a great indicator of the ease of use in your home. IF the power socket is not nearby, models with short cord length may provide constraints while ironing. While using a longer cord length can be advantageous in such a situation. Still, you need to ensure that the cord does not get in the way of ironing your garments. So, choose as per your own needs and usage requirements.
You get a wide range of wattage to choose from when shopping for steam irons. Higher wattage irons can provide quick heating and better steam flow. At the same time, such irons also consume more electricity during usage. Usually, a Steam Iron with 1500 to 2000 watts would be an excellent choice.
Steam Irons vs. Dry Electric Irons
In addition to regulating the temperature like in Dry Electric Irons, Steam Irons cover various features that the other irons may majorly miss out on. That’s why Steam iron is preferred over Dry Iron or Electric Iron.
Steam irons are equipped with a trigger that regulates the flow of steam. According to the fabric, you can adjust the intensity of the steam burst. There is also an added feature of steam mist used to deep Iron your clothes by moistening the fabric.
Usually, these Steam Irons are used with temperatures ranging from 121 degrees to 182 degrees Celcius. You can also use it in the dry mode so, these steam irons serve as a dry iron too, offering dual benefits.
How to use Steam Irons?
The evolution of Iron has gone through many stages. Numerous techniques have been applied to make one’s job easy and comfortable. The oldest of the Iron’s were filled with fossil fuels like coal or a burning substance that could directly heat the metal base.
The heat and weight of the iron plate on the base of this machine help remove creases and stretches the fibers. The fiber gains its standard shape when it cools down.
The earlier devices were heavy and had a solid iron base. That’s the reason they derived their name from the metal they were constructed from, Iron. And hence the process of using them was called ironing. They are still called Irons, even though the base material is made of aluminum or stainless steel.
Earlier, people used to sprinkle water over the garment while ironing. The Steam Irons adopted this function as a feature and provided an effective and effortless ironing capability to users. The design of Steam Iron help removes the toughest creases in the easiest way possible.
Using the Steam Iron is very easy:
- Fill your Iron’s water compartment.
- Set the desired heat setting and switch on the appliance. It is advisable not to rush into ironing straight away because that may cause the water to drip out of the soleplate onto the clothing.
- Once the indicator light turns off, you can start Ironing the garment.
- The Steam Iron emits shots of steam from the base, which smoothens out even extreme creases from the cloths by pressing the steam burst button.
How to take care of and maintain your Steam Irons?
You should be cautious while using the Iron since the temperature of the steam is high. You may end up getting your skin burned or may even damage your favorite piece of apparel. You should always cross-check the labels and set the appropriate temperature when using the iron.
When you use your Steam Iron regularly, there are chances of forming Scaling deposits on the pore. These are mainly because of calcium and magnesium salts in water. Most brands of Steam Irons provide instructions on how to get rid of these deposits that block the pores at the base. You need to clean up your steam iron once in a while for your appliance to keep functioning properly and last long.
Various fabrics allow temperatures only to an extent. If exceeded can burn and also spoil the surface of the iron from where the steam is released. Due to this, the steam holes may also get blocked sometimes. You need to ensure the steam outlets are not blocked.
In this article, we have given you the complete information to aid you in your search for the Best Steam Iron. As you know, things do not just end with you buying the appliance, so we have also tried to provide you details of maintenance and precautions to take while using the Steam Iron to utilize its full capability and lasting performance in your household.
If you have any questions or suggestions to share please use the comment section below. We will try and address them as soon as possible.
If you like our article on Top Steam Irons, do share it with your friends on social media. Please do follow our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and our channel on Telegram for the latest updates. Your encouragement will motivate us to bring more and more exciting content for you.
Product details last update on 2024-02-27 at 20:21 / Contains Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API